MINDFULNESS-BASED STRESS REDUCTION PROGRAM (MBSR)
MBSR is an 8-week program
Eight weekly sessions of 2 and 1/2 hours each plus a day of practice.
Next Orientation Sessions for the upcoming MBSR programs with Piero Falci:
Online, via Zoom, Wednesday, February 7, 2024 – from 6:00 to 7:00 PM
Participants in the MBSR Program learn several practices, such as mindfulness meditation and mindful movement, that help them improve their mental, physical, and emotional health. Students develop the ability to more accurately observe their thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations, and respond more wisely to the stressors in their lives. This educational program, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph. D., at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979, is being taught all over the world because it is supported by 40+ years of published scientific research validating the positive outcomes it brings about. Studies show that the MBSR program can lead to a wide range of benefits including:
- Increased focus and reduced distraction
- Increased mental clarity and improved memory
- Increased relaxation, energy, joy, contentment and enthusiasm for life
- Improved sense of well-being
- Reduced emotional reactivity and increased emotional balance
- Enhanced ability to communicate and relate to others
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Increased ability to manage high-stress situations
- Increased ability to care for oneself in the midst of life’s demands
- Increased capacity to manage chronic pain and other symptoms
- Increased awareness and appreciation of one’s inner and outer resources
This is the original 8-Week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn .
Since 1979, tens of thousands of people have completed this evidence-based training.
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations, gaining insight into response rather than reaction
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels
- Improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to access and cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself and find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
Join us for this globally recognized program, developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD.
This educational program is supported by decades of published scientific research. Studies show that participation can lead to a wide range of benefits including: Increased focus and mental clarity, enthusiasm for life, enhanced communication, and interpersonal relationships, reduced emotional reactivity and reduced anxiety and depression.
Sessions include eight weekly classes and one silent retreat.
MBSR is a complement to traditional medical and psychological treatments.
It is proved to be effective in helping treat work, family, and financial stress, and anxiety in addition to common conditions such as sleep disorders, fatigue, headaches and high blood pressure.
In this intensive training, you will learn to access and cultivate your natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself.