I am returning today to say thank you again, and to give you, who have been with me on this Gentle Journey, a special gift.
My gift is to assure you, one more time, that you are special, unique and magnificent, and that you are loved.
So much pain in the world stems from the fact that many of us are incapable of loving ourselves. Due to the sad experiences we went through during our formative years — those times when we were criticized and humiliated — many of us grew up feeling unworthy, undeserving and insecure. Now, we find ourselves constantly craving the approval of others. We grew up in an environment of competition and conditional love; that’s all we ever knew. Love and approval was granted to us only if our performance and behavior pleased someone else. Sadly, we grew up to be the harshest critics of our own selves. We can’t find solace and rest since, no matter how good we may be, no matter how wonderful our accomplishments may be, we are never satisfied with ourselves; in our own eyes our performance and behavior is never good enough. We don’t celebrate the much that is right; we find fault and put ourselves down for the little that may be wrong. Believing what we were told, that loving ourselves is a selfish expression of vanity, we go though life keeping our focus on what is wrong, and not with what is right. As a result, we don’t love ourselves, and distrust the love others give us; we don’t accept love.
Well, I am here to tell you that you are loved. I am here to tell you that you should… no, that you must love yourself, and that the world loves you when you love yourself. Loving yourself is not selfish; it builds you up and allows you to give the gifts that only you can give to humanity.
So, here are the JFT promises that I would like you to make and keep. Remember that they are my special gifts to you, so, please, treat them carefully. Before reciting them, you know what to do: close your eyes for a few moments, breathe in and out gently, and go to the center of your being. Once you experience that soothing peace within, say to yourself with conviction and firm commitment the promises that you will be keeping today, and let a big smile decorate your face.
- Just for today, I will love myself unconditionally.
- Just for today, I will be my own best friend.
- Just for today, I will be my fiercest and most ardent protector.
- Just for today, I will not allow others to put me down.
- Just for today, I will not allow someone else’s disapproval to discourage me.
- Just for today, I will be my most enthusiastic cheerleader.
- Just for today, I will be my grandest admirer.
- Just for today, I will feel special, unique and magnificent.
- Just for today, I will feel completely secure and absolutely convinced of my immense worth.
- Just for today, I will not let anyone steal my joy.
- Just for today, I will be in charge of the way I feel.
- Just for today, I will choose to feel great every moment of this day.
- Just for today, I will allow the Life Force Energy to flow freely through me.
- Just for today, I will shine my light and my love outwards as a gift to the world.
- Just for today, knowing my purpose, I will live an authentic life, being who I am and doing what I was brought here to do.
- Just for today, I will rejoice in loving myself completely.
- Just for today, I will treat myself amazingly well, and I will see others also treating me superbly well because they will learn how to treat me from observing how I treat myself.
- Just for today, I will not forsake myself.
- Just for today, I will totally embrace the knowing that I am loved.
- Just for today, I will not dwell in criticizing, judging and condemning myself.
- Just for today, I will do things that I love, those things that are fun and bring me joy.
- Just for today, I will see myself as a gift to the Universe, and I will give the gifts that I was brought here to give.
I again invite you to visit that sacred place deep within yourself, that place of quiet and stillness, that place of silence and rest, and listen what the Universe wants from you and has reserved for you. I want you to feel how special, unique and magnificent you are. I want you to feel loved. I want you to know that you are loved.
I hope you have enjoyed your gentle journey along these peaceful ways! And if you want to go back, and retrace your steps, do so. You can always retake the path.
Receive my loving and healing hug, as I receive yours.
Know that you are beautiful.
Know that you are divine.
Know that you are loved.
P.S. Get your copy of the Peaceful Ways book and read it often. It will keep you on the Gentle Journey.
Let’s keep in touch. Like Peaceful Ways on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/peacefulways
Learn about upcoming workshops and retreats at the Peaceful Ways website www.peacefulways.org
Buy my books at the Peaceful Ways online store
– “Peaceful Ways – The Power of Making Your Wishes Come True”
– “Pay Attention! Be Alert! Discovering Your Route to Happiness”
– “Silent Peace Walk”