If you are in any way involved with violence, especially the direct violence that wounds and kills children, I implore you to stop.
We are all members of the same family, the Human family. Every child is ours. Please, protect the children.
“When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.” ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
The moment you identify yourself with one tribe, and vow loyalty to that tribe, you separate yourself from the whole.
The moment you create an “Us,” you create a “Them.”
The efforts you make to separate yourselves — the efforts you make to avoid miscegenation and keep your tribe “pure” — create the monsters that will eventually haunt you.
Every action you take to isolate yourself breeds a potential violent reaction. What you believe is protecting you, is what, in reality, is endangering you.
“People, all people, belong to each other. And he who shuts himself away, diminishes himself, and he who shuts others away, destroys himself.” ~ Howard Thurman
So, here some new guidelines to live by:
- Say “No” to the tribes that exclude others.
- Refuse membership in exclusive clubs.
- Leave the gangs, all gangs, not only the most notorious ones, but also the gangs created by religion, ideology, and national pride.
- Don’t look for refuge and safety in the ghettos populated by those who look and think like you. Go out and explore.
- Be suspicious of those who profess, “We are right, they are wrong. We are good, they are bad.”
- Say “Yes” to diversity and inclusion.
- Mingle, blend, mix, associate, combine, join, unite with everybody.
- Embrace diversity. Promote unity. Create community. www.opunited.org
The old paradigm of a world divided in tribes, clans, gangs, and nations that engage in power struggles and fight one another must be replaced by the new paradigm of the whole humanity working together as a species to protect the planet and enhance everyone’s life.
We need to set aside our differences and transcend our petty tribal identities.
We have to realize that, in fact, we are not different one from the other, and that those who invent and magnify differences among humans are the ones who, in several ways, benefit from animosity and conflict.
We must go beyond the damaging loyalty to our little gangs, and understand how this misplaced loyalty is endangering our future.
Instead of seeing ourselves as members of different religions, nations, ethnicities, schools of thought, political groups, or bands of brothers, we must see ourselves as fellow crew members of the same endangered spacecraft who must work together in order to maintain it in perfect conditions, so it may be able to continue its journey through the cosmos.
We must replace the illusion that we are separated from one another with the understanding that we are all interconnected.
We must remember that we are all descendants of the same ancient parents.
We are members of the same family.
We are all brothers and sisters.
We are one.
Let’s keep in touch.
Buy my books at the Peaceful Ways online store
– “Peaceful Ways – The Power of Making Your Wishes Come True”
– “Pay Attention! Be Alert! Discovering Your Route to Happiness”
– “Silent Peace Walk”