I am convinced that happiness is independent from one’s life situations and conditions. Happiness depends on a positive attitude, and it can be achieved through daily practice.
I have decided to be happy, so everyday I enhance my positive outlook by practicing what I know makes me happy.
So, here’s my recipe for a happy life:
- Express love everyday.
- Appreciate what you have and give thanks everyday.
- See life as an adventure full of possibilities, and practice optimism everyday.
- Take action to improve your life everyday.
- Take care of your health everyday.
- Give of yourself everyday.
In other words, here some practical things anyone can do:
- Practice to express your love. Send a message to someone you love.
- Practice gratitude. Think of what you are grateful for.
- Practice optimism. List possibilities, things that would make you happy, and experience the joy of imagining them a reality.
- Practice to take action. Take time, everyday, to do things that you love. Also, take time, everyday, to do things that you know you must do to improve the quality of your life, even without wanting to do them.
- Commit to a healthy lifestyle. Remember NuRSE – Nutrition, Rest, Stretching, Exercise. If you remember this NuRSE, you may never need one.
- Do something to make the world better. Give some of your time, treasure, talent and touch to help others.
Remember: happiness is independent from one’s life situations and conditions. Happiness depends on a positive mindset, a generous, giving heart, a commitment to take action and live a healthy lifestyle, and the daily practice of love, gratitude, and optimism.